It’s been a while, huh?
I’ve been doing a lot of things in the last three years. Here’s a brief summary of them:
THE WRITERLY ONES:
- Published a short story (remember how three years ago I talked about writing them?) in the third volume of Devilfish Review.
- Won a contest to be a guinea pig for Apparatus Publishing.
- Wrote a novel entitled STAR-CROSSED OR: THE CONFOUNDING CALAMITIES OF BYRON THE CAD AND MARIETTA THE ZOMBIE. It’s 120,000 words of absurd speculative fantasy horror.
- Massive amounts of queries to agents to represent said novel have gone out.
THE NON-WRITERLY ONES:
- Bought the coffee shop where I worked for seven years about a year ago in August of 2012. (This is mostly the reason for my recent disappearance, but I can’t blame it for everything.)
- Found a great guy and we’re getting married in T-MINUS 17 DAYS. Yep. Halloween. It’s steampunk themed.
- My hair color has been, since you’ve last been updated, blue, then purple, then blue again, then green and now it’s both green and yellow.
Whew. I think that’s it. More to come about the bulleted points later. But for now, it’s good to be back. (And Darth Highlighter is making sure I’m going to post a MINIMUM of daily. We’ll see how that holds up.)